My good bloggin’ friend, Cambell Jane has bequeathed me a fun award called the Versatile Blogger Award! Thank you Jane! For those of you unfamiliar with Jane, she is a very talented artist and has a fun blog to read. As you all know, I need to pass this on to a few of my other bloggin friends. I’ll name them later.
The Versatile Blogger award just asks for you to disclose 7 things about yourself that readers might not know and pass it on. I don’t really try to hide things about myself so I’m up for it. Of course I need to keep all my deep dark secrets well… secret and all skeletons will remain in the closet for this post 🙂
1. I’m a girly girl, but I’m lazy and sometimes it’s too much effort to play the part. But I like to appear feminine.
2. My favorite meal would be a perfectly seasoned medium rare ribeye steak with a sweet potato that has brown sugar, cinnamon and butter with 3 sides including a salad with French dressing, shrimp creole, and crawfish étouffée a yeast roll and a never ending glass of fountain drink Diet Coke.
3. I am drawn to gaudy jewelry and prints and I always have been. I must have some gypsy in me because I love that look even though I’m short and can’t really pull it off. My mom used to always call me Stevie Nicks.
4. I had a great friend in high school that I unfortunately lost touch with and have desperately tried to reconnect with her with no luck. I’ve written letters and called and finally just got her to reply, a tiny bit.
5. Given the choice of vanilla or chocolate, I always pick chocolate.
6. I took 2 years of French in high school and can’t remember a thing.
7. I have a cosmetology license and have since 1990. I just do family and friends now.
So there you have it, nothing exciting but I sure am craving a steak right now. I look forward to reading the 7 things about these friends who I don’t know as well. I hope you have the time to post. If not, no big deal. Life is too short to sweat the small stuff. That’s what my mom always said and man was she right.
Here’s my pick for bloggers to reveal 7 things about them. If you’re not on the list, hey do it anyway! I picked these because I don’t know much about them. But I’d love to learn more about all of my bloggin’ friends! You all deserve awards in my book 🙂
Jen of Equine Epiphanies • Blogging from my balcony (but I still can’t find your blog!) • Lilymom (she has 3 blogs, so I don’t know which one she’ll use if she participates) • Shelinwa of Pics by Shel